Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Orange Cup

I'm so excited that for my first post I get to inform my readers about the most refreshing treat you will put in your mouth this summer.

OrangeCup (http://www.myorangecup.com) is the latest and truly the greatest of the frozen yogurt fad that has been sweeping the nation. Well, "sweeping the nation" is a bit of a stretch but just wait a while and I'm sure you'll get caught up in the low-fat, all natural frozen yogurt phenom. From what I can tell, OrangeCup got it's inspiration from a yogurt shop known as Pinkberry (http://pinkberry.com), which has locations in New York and California... you may have heard of it...it seems to be kind of a big deal there. Pinkberry describes their yogurt as "frozen yogurt reinvented" and that is exactly what came to mind that glorious day I sampled the cool, yet not-too-creamy texture of OrangeCup's Acaiberry essential (essential=flavor in OrangeCup speak) complimented by fresh, not frozen kiwi fruit, lush strawberries, and blackberries. If those three fruits don't tickle your taste buds don't fret, OrangeCup has over 16 different extras (or toppings for those not yet aquainted with OrangeCup lingo) including coconut, fruity pebbles, and for the summer, fresh peaches! Yum!

Along with Louis Vuitton, Sham Wow, and popular Bath and Body Works fragrances, OrangeCup also has imitators. I've had the displeasure of tasting yogurt from two imitators in the Dallas area: Bliss Frozen Yogurt and BerryBerry. Don't even go near BerryBerry in Addison...not worth the money. The texture of their YoGo flavor (compared to OrangeCup's Natural essential) was much too creamy, and a touch too sour for my liking. The Mango I chose to top my yogurt was tasteless, and completely underripe.

One drawback about OrangeCup is that for the moment, it only has one location: Northpark Mall upstairs next to Neiman Marcus. According to their website they will be opening a location in Frisco in Stonebriar Mall shortly.

1 comment:

katywants said...

Orangecup is truly one of the best things to hit the Metroplex, in my opinion. AND, I love your blog! Keep posting!