Friday, August 1, 2008

Courtesy of Mary...

I like trying out new recipes but I love trying recipes given to me by a friend- those are the best! Thanks to my boss at work, I made a very simple and delicious chicken casserole yesterday. This is her recipe for Chicken with Stuffing:

Ingredients:
1 Package boneless, skinless chicken breasts washed
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can chicken broth
1-2 packages of Stove Top stuffing (I used 2)
2 celery stalks diced
1 medium onion diced
Seasonings as you like

Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350
  2. Wash chicken
  3. Combine all ingredients, except chicken in a large mixing bowl. If stuffing appears too dry, add a little water
  4. Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray and place a layer of mixture down in the dish
  5. Season the chicken as you like
  6. Place uncooked chicken on top of layer of stuffing and apply the rest of the stuffing
  7. Cover with foil and bake for about an hour

*I added 1 small container of light sour cream, and 1 small can of mushrooms-drained. I also recommend seasoning the chicken thoroughly and taking the foil off about 10 minutes before it's done to get the stuffing nice and brown on top. :)

Enjoy and feel free to share a good recipe with me any time!

No comments: