Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Southern Living Inspiration

I love Southern Living magazine. Every time I read one I get inspired to cook...maybe even bake! Thus, last week I was reading the latest issue and stumbled across an intriguing recipe for Chicken on a bed of garlic sauteed spinach with two-cheese grits. How much more southern does it get, Y'all?

Unfortunately, I never wrote down the recipe but today I tried to re-create it to the best of my ability. Here's what I did.


INGREDIENTS:

1 chicken thigh

2 cloves of garlic

a large handful of spinach (more than you think you'll need)

olive oil

juice from 1/2 a lemon

rosemary

salt

pepper

grits (not instant)

white cheddar (or yellow cheddar) cheese

Parmesan cheese


METHOD:

Prepare the chicken thigh with one clove of crushed garlic, rosemary, the juice from 1/2 a lemon, salt and pepper. Let the chicken marinate for one hour. After the time has elapsed, prepare a grill (I used a grill pan) and cook the chicken thoroughly. Prepare the grits as directed (I made enough for one serving) and add a handful of cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese to the hot grits. Lastly, warm the olive oil in a saute pan. Add the second garlic clove, minced and then add the spinach, sauteing as it cooks.
Enjoy!
This is a quick and super easy meal to prepare for an informal dinner party or anytime you're in the mood for comfort food.

No comments: